Thread: GW2 Application

Aspirant
    Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

GW2 Application

Q: What brought you to our website?
    A: Friend who plays~Falcure~

Q: This recruitment process requires that we get to know you a little bit. Please tell us a little about yourself.
    A: 18 in september, going to college at westwood and studying informations technology

Q: We have found that guild members have a better gaming experience if they use the forums and the events calender. This allows you to get game information and join guildies in events as your real life time permits. Do you intend on being active on our website forums and events calendar?
    A: yes

Q: Once you learn how, we would like you to create events or RSVP for other scheduled events as your real life schedule permits. What are your thoughts on this?
    A: i believe it is a good thing to use real life schedule events because of time zones differ from all so then you can get a better idea when people can and can not be on to join in the event

Q: Have you been playing MMO's for a while, or are you just getting started?
    A: 6-7 years

Q: We expect all members to submit and update their characters in our Guild Wars 2 sub-forum. Are you okay with this? After reading the above content, why do you think it might be important?
    A:

Q: What kind of character do you typically play? Tell us about your main character you envision, and please list any alts that you know you will be bringing into the guild as well.
    A: used to only play original guild wars, friend got me into GW2 during beta gameplay so now im waiting to try it out

Q: What type of playstyle do you enjoy the most?
    A: i prefer pve over pvp

Q: If you violate any rules defined within the gaming EULA, you will face disciplinary action up to and including removal from this community. Do you understand, and agree with this rule?
    A: yes

Q: What time of day do you typically play? How often?
    A: when release every day between 12-4/5pm -8:00 pacific coast time zone

Q: Are you affiliated with any other guilds?
    A: no

Q: How do you think you can best help this community? How can this community best help you?
    A: becoming well known and helping fix issues with computer so they can continue to play the game, help me learn and better understand guild wars/gw2

Q: OSD is generally a "casual, do it all" guild, meaning we welcome players from all playstyles and don't limit our focus to one playstyle in particular. We welcome PvPers, PvEers, Roleplayers, Crafters, etc. For example, while we may offer weekly raids, we are not a hardcore raiding guild that requires you to raid 5 or 6 nights a week. We also do not consider any one playstyle to be more important than another, all members of OSD are equal. For example, a hardcore PvPer will never be considered "more valuable" to the guild than a casual Roleplayer would be. Are you okay with this? Any additional thoughts on this topic?
    A: yes perfectly fine because i dont understand why people believe just because the only pvp think they are better or superior to pve players and vise versa

Q: With the previous question in mind...We will never force you to participate in any activity or event that falls outside your playstyle of choice. However, from time to time you may be asked to help the guild out if we are short a particular class, or just need to fill up an empty group spot. Are you okay with this? Any additional thoughts on this topic?
    A: yes, i love helping out when i can especially when i have nothing to do

Q: What previous experience, if any, do you have with the original Guild Wars?
    A: played for about a year then quite playing and moved to world of warcraft because guild wars was easy to achieve all equipment high level very fast and it was to easy for me. Now that ive seen gw2 i will be playing that probably more then world of warcraft. I played it when world of warcraft was still in its first expansion just to get a idea of how long ago it was.

Thank you for your time regards
    ~techno4229~/tektek~(stb in game name)
    Last edited by techno4229; 05-20-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added name of refered friend

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Whats up techno, welcome to the forums, it's a slow day, and HOT, at least where I'm at. Looks good, someone will be around for you shortly, See you around soon
    Guild Wars 2 character names:
    Asura Guardian: Qaletaqa Ciqala
    You don’t have to be accepted
    Everywhere. Everyone was blessed with a blade
    Called “individuality”

Aspirant
    Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by klown07 View Post
    Whats up techno, welcome to the forums, it's a slow day, and HOT, at least where I'm at. Looks good, someone will be around for you shortly, See you around soon
    Thank you, and please, call me tektek

Warmaster Grimfury
    Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    hey tektek! welcome to the forums! hope we'll be seeing and hearing more of you soon

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Awards Wildstar Co-Leader
    Welcome to the silver gates and thank you for applying. Before you can be accepted I need you to apply to the right permission groups. Go to the very top right of any page and click on settings. Then in the settings page go to permission groups on the left side menu. In he permissions page you need to apply for the member and citizen groups.
    Currently interacting with:
    Wildstar
    Xanz - Esper - Explorer - Relic Hunter/Survivalist
    Xanzer - Stalker - Settler - Outfitter/Survivalist

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Awards PvP Player of the Year 2012
    You're almost 18 and you've been playing MMO's for 7 years?

I like you already in that regard.

However, your one-word answers... /yawn

=P
    - Ken

Guild Wars 2:
    Kenjamin - Lvl 80 Human Guardian

Aspirant
    Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    if you would like i can reply more elegantly and with big paragraphs, but then there would be no point to read it all when all it means is "one-word" answers

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    its cool dude welcome aboard lol. We are just bored and he probably wanted something to do while waiting for GW2
    Called “individuality”

Aspirant
    Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by klown07 View Post
    its cool dude welcome aboard lol. We are just bored and he probably wanted something to do while waiting for GW2
    My application was accepted?
    tektek wyman(not offical, but most likely no one has that name)

~made by me~ with advice from sithlordmoore ty ^^

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Yeah, read Xanz post, did you follow his directions?
    Welcome to the silver gates and thank you for applying. Before you can be accepted I need you to apply to the right permission groups. Go to the very top right of any page and click on settings. Then in the settings page go to permission groups on the left side menu. In he permissions page you need to apply for the member and citizen groups.
    <----
    Called “individuality”