Thread: Masq Arade Applying for GW2

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Masq Arade Applying for GW2

Q: What brought you to our website?

A: A friend said that you were recruiting, are a fun guild, active, and friendly.

Q: This recruitment process requires that we get to know you a little bit. Please tell us a little about yourself.

A: Well my name is Michelle, I'm 23 and a married mommy of four. I have three boys and a daughter. I have no favorite color, I have a YouTube channel called PLANBgAmer (it's not very popular, I haven't gotten into a groove yet), and I am one of the most honest people you may ever meet.

Q: All members are expected to uphold respectful conduct when communicating with other players and guildmates. This applies to in-game situations, our website and on guild/GW2 related websites and message boards. Intolerance for others based upon religion / sexuality / gender / ethnicity / etc. is not welcome. We are a guild of HONOR and INTEGRITY, and we reflect that in all public forums. The general rule of thumb is to treat people how you would like to be treated in return. How do you feel about this?

A: I love it!

Q: In-Game Guild Status - Guild Wars 2 will allow characters to switch between multiple guilds as they wish while playing the game. The OSD Division Leadership Council within the Guild Wars 2 game expect that you will focus your time and energy towards this guild alone and will keep your characters as members of the OSD. Therefore it is an expectation that you will be 'representing' the Order of the Silver Dragons at all times while playing in-game as a member of this community. With that said, there might be a feasible reason why an ‘alt’ character or an RP character should be in another guild. Special cases and requests will be handled on an individual basis. What are your thoughts on this?

A: I have no problem with it.

Q: Ventrilo is a communications tool that allows our membership to experience the full effect of being in a community-based gaming guild. If you feel alone in game and you don't feel that much is going on, or felt the scheduled event experience was lacking or not working as intended... it might just be because you aren't using the communications tools available to you.

VENTRILO use will be 'Strongly Encouraged' for all players to actively use while performing normal game activities whenever you are playing in GW2. Even though it is not a requirement, it should be strongly considered for usage as a communications tool that allows our membership to experience the full effect of being in a community-based gaming guild.
    VENTRILO use can, and no doubt will be 'Mandatory' during organized guild events, such as Dynamic Content runs and meta-events/dungeons, WvW, sPvP, group or team meetings, as well as other types of scheduled events if the event coordinator advises of such.

You don't have to speak if you don't want to, so long as you are on to listen to other members that might need help or guidance. With that said, we have several dedicated Vent rooms that allow you to sit quietly in peace if you so wish. All public discussion areas such as public vent channels are PG-13. Are you okay with our Ventrilo policies?

A: Yes I am.

Q: If you are accepted as a member of our guild, you will automatically be placed at our 'New Member' position within the game. Please be mindful that this is not a single-player RPG game, but a multi-wing online gaming community. You will be expected to communicate, interact, and support your fellow guildies, as well as ensure that you follow our Charter of Excellence at all times. In order to show your allegiance or loyalty to our community, we will ask that you perform certain 'Community Quests' that give you the opportunity to communicate, interact, and generally become a member of our community (don't worry, they are enjoyable tasks that allow you to get involved with our player-base). Once these 'Guild Quests' are resolved, you will be raised one rank level in-game which allows you to access all the benefits of our guild. Are you okay with this?

A: Yes.

Q: We have found that guild members have a better gaming experience if they use the forums and the events calender. This allows you to get game information and join guildies in events as your real life time permits. Do you intend on being active on our website forums and events calendar?

A: Yes I do.

Q: Once you learn how, we would like you to create events or RSVP for other scheduled events as your real life schedule permits. What are your thoughts on this?

A: I think I'd love to and I also love that it seems you all understand that RL comes first, that's a biggie for me.

Q: Have you been playing MMO's for a while, or are you just getting started?

A: I've been playing MMO's since 2010, so in the eyes of some I'm just getting started but to others I'm a pro, lol.

Q: We expect all members to submit and update their characters in our Guild Wars 2 sub-forum 'Character Roster' (character name, class, level, possible build, etc.). Are you okay with this? After reading the above content, why do you think it might be important?

A: I'm fine with it, except that my build may change often, as I like to experiment a lot. After reading the above, I think knowing this information about each character will help with knowing what each member that signs up for an event can bring to the table.

Q: What kind of character do you typically play? Tell us about your main character you envision, and please list any alts that you know you will be bringing into the guild as well.

A: My main will be a Mesmer, I'm horrible at melee types, she will be an Asura and I will have a lot of abilities to help me get away from someone(thing). I will bring an Engineer, a Necromancer, an Elementalist, and a Ranger to the guild as alts.

Q: What type of playstyle do you enjoy the most?

A: Casual

Q: If you violate any rules defined within the gaming EULA, you will face disciplinary action up to and including removal from this community. Do you understand, and agree with this rule?

A: Yes and I agree with it.

Q: What time of day do you typically play? How often?

A: Usually around 9pm is when I can commit to playing but will be off and on throughout the day and everyday.

Q: Are you affiliated with any other guilds?

A: No.

Q: How do you think you can best help this community? How can this community best help you?

A: I think I can best help by bringing a casual player who knows family comes first and so I can be there to play with other casual family first gamer who also have a hard time playing for several hours of a day and I can bring conversation to the guild (once I fit in). I think this community can best help me by giving me new friends and people to laugh and play the game with.

Q: OSD is generally a "casual, do it all" guild, meaning we welcome players from all playstyles and don't limit our focus to one playstyle in particular. We welcome PvPers, PvEers, Roleplayers, Crafters, etc. For example, while we may offer weekly raids, we are not a hardcore raiding guild that requires you to raid 5 or 6 nights a week. We also do not consider any one playstyle to be more important than another, all members of OSD are equal. For example, a hardcore PvPer will never be considered "more valuable" to the guild than a casual Roleplayer would be. Are you okay with this? Any additional thoughts on this topic?

A: I'm A-OK with this!

Q: With the previous question in mind...We will never force you to participate in any activity or event that falls outside your playstyle of choice. However, from time to time you may be asked to help the guild out if we are short a particular class, or just need to fill up an empty group spot. Are you okay with this? Any additional thoughts on this topic?

A: I'm ok with this, no problem.

Q: We do ask that you stay active on the guild website as much as possible. We don't expect anybody to become a forum junkie by any means. But we do expect our members to cast their votes on any polls we put up, give input in any posts we make asking for opinions, as well as chime in with your thoughts when other members open discussions. What are your thoughts on this?

A: I have no thoughts on it other than having no problem with visiting and participating in polls/questions that may come up.

Q: What previous experience, if any, do you have with the original Guild Wars?

A:I have no previous experience with the original Guild Wars except for Downloading it.
    Last edited by Masq Arade; 11-17-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Had to add an alt.
    Masq Arade
    Zaza
    Auraelias
    Sharon Screws
    Randi The Huntress

2. Likes Daimian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    welcome michelle you will fit in just fine here
    Daimian Strongborn - Warrior

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Awards OSD GW2 Officer
    GW2 Player of the Year 2013GW2 Player of the Year 2012
    Hi Masq Arade,
    Welcome to the Silver Gates,
    An officer will soon come to complete your application process,
    Can you tell us your account name, it has 4 numbers at the end and looks like Accountname.####, it doesn't appear in your application. I assume maybe you haven't bought the game yet, in that case, just tell us after you've made your account.
    Hope you like it here with us!
    Guild wars 2 : Account : Satoko.6352.
    Satoko - Elementalist (main)
    Ashurai - Thief
    Sakura Rinne - Guardian

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    It's LadySaga.6130, sorry forgot to add it above.
    Masq Arade
    Zaza
    Auraelias
    Sharon Screws
    Randi The Huntress

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    ill see if i cant get one of the leaders to speed your ok up

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Awards Officer of the Year 2012Member of the Year 2012OSD Website Admin
    Welcome to the OSD, Masq Arade!! You appear to be another good addition to our family.

We ask that all members absolutely review and abide by our CHARTER OF EXCELLENCE at all times, which is accessible by all non-members on our front-page. Please make sure that you completely read the Charter so that you don't have any issues later on.

Also, please take some time to review the following information for our new arrivals:

NEW ARRIVAL INFORMATION

One of the aspects of the New Arrival Information has to do with the concept of our Vassal Rites of Passage (Community Quests). If you wish to have full access to our guild benefits, you would need to get involved with the community via these quests.

We expect that all members try to stay as active as possible in these forums so that the rest of the guildies get to know you better. Please feel free to take a look around, there is a vast wealth of information at our website. Please become active in our GW2 community by posting and getting involved with the other members here in the OSD.

Permissions are all done! You are now a member of the OSD. Please ask us any other questions you may have and we'll gladly answer them. Please get in touch with either Xanz or myself in-game for a guild invite. Alternatively send us a MAIL message in-game, or contact any of the other officers.

Welcome!

Zso
    GUILD WARS 2: Founder, Division Leader Jan 2012-Apr 2013 *Retired*
    Zsolaith (Warrior, Human 53)
    Lord of the Rings Online: Founder, Kinship Leader *Inactive*
    Zsolaith (Guardian, Human 58) - Zsandalf (Lore-Master, Human 46) - Zsodo (Burglar - Hobbit 27) - Beralthin (Human - Captain 11)
    Age of Conan: Chancellor-Ambassador *Retired* - Knight of RP *Retired* - Curator of Lore *Retired*
    Zsolaith (Guardian 80 PvP 2) - Kaeroshiv (ToS 50) - Quetzolcoatl (Guardian 36) - Zsolan (Conq 30) - Zsolaithe (DT 20) - Dagan Lagal (Necro 18)

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    welcome to the guild

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Awesome! Thanks and I will be sure to read all of the information!
    Masq Arade
    Zaza
    Auraelias
    Sharon Screws
    Randi The Huntress

Post Thanks / Like
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Awards PvP Player of the Year 2012
    Hello Masq! Welcome to OSD.

I hope to see you around! Check out my weekly newsletter for some of the events I'll be running, or even better, just check the GW2 Calendar.
    - Ken

Guild Wars 2:
    Kenjamin - Lvl 80 Human Guardian